The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
the LEGEND of 'FLING'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite pizza stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
db

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: the LEGEND of 'FLING' Reply with quote

The Legend of ‘FLING’
Hmmmm, ok time to tell a PizzaLife story. In our store we have a Hobart mixer. On the shaft of the mixer is a pin. It’s the thing that secures the dough hook once you put the Hook on the shaft.
Well, our pin was loose, in fact when you went from mixing the dough to grating the cheese you have to set the speed from 1 to 4. At the higher speed if you did not remove the pin… it would FLING out, hence the naming of the pin ‘FLING’. When whoever was doing the grating did not remove ‘FLING’ and put him on the tray we keep the oil on…’FLING’ would fly.
One day when I came to work and was about to make the dough, I noticed ‘FLING’ was missing…not on his tray. Hmmmm going to be hard to make the dough today without ‘FLING’.
We looked everywhere, under the tables, under the ovens, ‘FLING’ was lost! When the Boss came in and we talked over the situation, it was surmised that ‘FLING’ had prolly ended up in the Dumpster after whoever closed swept the floor and emptied the garbage.
So my boss had me go to the Dumpster, look for the possible bag that held the captive ‘FLING’ and attempt to recover the little guy.

We succeeded and being a Musical kinda pizzaguy, I wrote a song about it and put it on
Myspace http://myspace.com/larrystylesband
I called the song ‘LOOKING FOR A THANG’
You can go listen to it now..if ya want … Wink

Dougie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite pizza stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: