The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
bread machine dough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: bread machine dough Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything on the pizzatherapy site about bread machine pizza doughs. i was wondering what pizzatherapy and it's members felt about taking the shortcut of using a bread machine.
Bean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have around 15 dough recipes and I use the bread machine for all of them. I have one dough I mix by hand and that is it. I find it so easy to dump, start and let it go.
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: I think what ever works. Reply with quote

I have used a Kitchen Aid to make dough as well as a Cuisinart.

I prefer to mix my dough by hand, however. I have always felt, you should use whatever it is that makes you comfortable, to make your dough.

I have talked to many people who use a bread machine and they say it works fine.

If you get the thumbs up from someone like Bean, that is quite a testimonial. Very Happy

There really is nothing quite like: making pizza or homemeade bread!
Anyway you slice it; its all good.
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Bean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are making me blush! Wink

I have friends who love kneading the dough by hand. I have not attempted that because I recently had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand and will have my right hand done in the near future. After that I plan on giving the therapeutic way a try. Smile
hibster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: bread machine dough Reply with quote

first of all i want to say i am new to this and i guess i should have posted this on the dough discussion category. that is what i thought i was doing. but, anyway i want to thank both of you for your replies. my kids love my bread machine pizza but, if it made a world of difference, i would certainly attempt the REAL DEAL.
Bean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hibster, do you use different recipes or the same one? I have many and they are all different. I find using a pizza stone makes a world of difference too.
hibster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the one recipe that came with the machine(Dull hibster i guess). But it makes a nice thick dough pizza that tastes pretty good. i am open to any other options for recipes, though. thanks again Bean.
Adjudicator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: KitchenAid Reply with quote

I have owned a KitchenAid for years now. Although I have prepared bread & pizza dough in it; I find that traditional hand prepared doughs seem better to me. Besides, as all know, the KA is a pain in the A** to clean up. I am still experimenting around with particular flour combos, though. I like a nice and chewy crust; but with flavor. The specialty high-gluten flours are not available in my area except when I order on-line.

Pizza Valhala to ALL!

--JDK Cool
Bean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently used my KA for making pizza dough and loved the recipe. I'll post it! Smile
rds47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: dough secrets Reply with quote

I prefer working out my frustrations on the dough rather than using a machine. Razz

I have a favourite recipe that I have used for over 35 years now. I love making pizza because there truely is an art to it and each pizza is a creation. I don't think that there is a nicer lunch or supper than pizza and a salad in the whole world unless you have pizza for desert. Dessert pizzas are very interesting and delish! My youngest daughter's friends loved coming to our house when she was little cause Mom made pizza and it tasted better than those at the shops! Laughing

For the last few years I have had to start making wholewheat dough and whole wheat pasta because of my health problems. I also must use something other than tomatoes whether its pizza or pasta. NOW FOLKS ...that is a real challenge! Rolling Eyes But I find anything challenging is somewhat like a red flag in front of a bull...I am going to go for it! Cool

Kind regards

Ruth
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do both. I do some by hand, and some in the breadmaker. But, I always use the "dough" setting on the breadmaker, rather than the "pizza dough" setting. I just think it comes out better.

I also substitute 1/4 cup of red wine for 1/4 cup of water for a recipe that calls for 1 cup of water...... and I dissolve the salt in the wine, and add it after 2 minutes. It gives the dough that certain..... "je ne sais quoi"......

Oh, and I only do pizza on a charcoal grill, too....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: