The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Hello to you Mid-West

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Hello to you Mid-West Reply with quote

Now I understand there is some fantastic bar-be-que that is made in the Mid-West.

I really think that would be a fantastic ingredient for pizza.

I have tried Chinese Roasted pork on pizza and it tasted very good.

Waht is th pizza scene like in the Mid-west?

Do you have a favorite pizzeria? Or 2?
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
songbird

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all remember that Chicago is in the Midwest. I had not thought of BBQ pizza. I must find someone who makes BBQ and hound them for assistance. Smile

I live in the middle of nowhere. We have Pizza Hut, and Casey's General Store, and Kwik Trip. There used to be a Domino's in the next town over but they closed years ago. There was a take and bake place but they didn't last long. Also there are a few bars that sell pizza. I haven't been to any of them. Don't like smoke.

If I ever have the time, or money, to explore Wisconsin pizza my first stops will be Onalaska and LaCrosse. Got stranded near a Papa John's in LaCrosse last month and had some of their pizza. Much better than Pizza Hut.

Then I'd hit Madison and Milwaukee. Also the Dells; with so many tourists they ought to have at least one place that sells halfway decent pizza. Racine is also a good bet, being between Milwaukee and Chicago. Not sure about up north.

I would imagine the twin cities and maybe Rochester have some good pizza. And I bet somewhere is an unknown Mom and Pop place in a rinky dink town that has the best pizza in the heartland.
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

songbird wrote:
If I ever have the time, or money, to explore Wisconsin pizza my first stops will be Onalaska and LaCrosse. Got stranded near a Papa John's in LaCrosse last month and had some of their pizza. Much better than Pizza Hut.

Then I'd hit Madison and Milwaukee.

If you are ever in Milwaukee, check out Balistreri's. Awesome is all I can say about that place! I will never forget my dining experience there... it was a long time ago but the pizza rocked.
songbird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should not have come here so close to lunch time. Thick Crust, your avatar is making me want to send someone 10 miles to Pizza Hut. Their pizza is better than nothing, and better than mine.

I will remember Balistreri's.
Moo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first tried bbq beef pizza at pizza hut. I don't order pizza hut anymore because it gives me wicked heartburn. And their pizzas have declined in quality. Or perhaps I just prefer higher quality now that I'm older. I do like bbq beef pizza, and tried making my own after I first started down the path of DIY pizzas. Wasn't too bad, even though I made it with prepackaged bbq beef. Next time I want to make my own beef and try it. Not much to mine recipe-wise. Just Albert's crust recipe, bbq beef and cheese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: