The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Six-Pack Chili

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> All Other Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Six-Pack Chili Reply with quote

This was really good and filling! This is very thick and needed more crushed tomatoes and beer, no need for the masa harina! I love different versions of chili.

Yes, I did add dark red kidney beans! YUM Cool

Six-Pack Chili

Recipe courtesy of Peter Skottegard of Mason, OH for the FoodTV.com Manly Man Chili Cook-Off

Kit Carson's last words were, "I wish I had time for one more bowl of chili." He had the right idea - you shouldn't take anything too seriously, except maybe chili. Chili was given to us by the gods especially to go with good music, good friends, good beer, and good times. If this recipe doesn't do that for you, then you don't have a pulse.

1 6-pack of Corona beer, chilled
2 1/2 lb tri-tip roast, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 1/2 lb ground chuck
1/2 tablespoons dried mexican oregano
7 tablespoons Gephart's chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
2 large Vidalia onions, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced (about 4-5)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 4-oz can diced green chiles
15-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Masa Harina
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream
Your favorite salsa

1. Drink a beer and read the directions. 2. In a large Dutch oven brown the beef with 2 TBL chili powder. Drain the fat, but don't go overboard cause there's lots of flavor in there. Add two beers, the rest of the chili powder, oregano, cumin, paprika and get it to start to boil. Simmer for an hour. 3. Have a beer to reward yourself for all that hard work. 4. Heat up a skillet and caramelize the onions. During the last couple of minutes, add the garlic and saute. Add onion and garlic to the chili along with chipotles, jalapeno, green chiles, red bell pepper, and tomatos. Simmer another 1-2 hours. 5. You'll want another beer here. Make sure your friends have put on some kickin tunes. 6. Add sugar and vinegar. Whisk together equal parts of Masa Harina and cold water (I use about 1/3 cup each). Bring to a boil and stir until it thickens. Season to taste. 7. Ladle into bowls, top with sour cream and salsa. Serve hot sauce on the side. 8. Open your final beer and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Try not to get a swelled head from all the compliments.

Moo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm going to have to find out what most of that stuff is and give that a shot. Very Happy

edit: I foresee chili pizzas in my future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> All Other Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: