The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Serious Pie/Seattle/Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> What's new in pizzaland!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Devine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Serious Pie/Seattle/Review Reply with quote

Hi All:

- I heard that Serious Pie had a great Clam Pie, being from New Haven and a fan of Pepe's, Sally's and Modern I had to try it out. Seriously, they couldn't lay a glove on a New Haven Clam Pie. In the context of a Seattle Pizza it was good, but had short comings. The crust was to crispy/crunchy, the pancetta was over cooked, and the seasonings overpowered the clams, if the clams are the show, then show them off. They also had a potato pie a take off on a Sally's creation, again if your from Seattle it's very good, but it's not going to rival New Haven any time soon. I've had pizza in New Haven, New York and Naples so my reference point for great pizza is at a higher ground. Now all the New Haven stuff aside, I'd go back, it was good food, good service, nice place, the Honey Ice Cream for dessert was very good. I hear Seattle has a Pizzeria called Via Tribunali with a Vera Pizza Napoletana (VPN) certification I'll get to them and report back at a later date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> What's new in pizzaland! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: