The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Something new

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince120

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Something new Reply with quote

I recently had the oportunity to try a veriety of pizza at a culinary arts festival in a nearby town, Lewiston, NY. Among many fine pies, one stood right out, pizza caponata. Literally a pizza with caponata on top. Caponata is a Sicilian condiment served with many main dishes, slightly sweet and sour it's big Italian flavor. To make this yourself, make your favorite dough, make some caponata like Giada's at http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_27264,00.html , brush dough with a little oil, s&p, a mix of mozarelly and parmesan cheese then your caponata. Bake between 375 and 400 until done!
RnR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry that the original post is over a year old, but I wonder if anyone can give a hint as to what kind of "heft" the taste of Caponata may possess?

I ask as while eggplant turns me off, I am enamored of baked raisins and the entire recipe seems to be a rather wide "bouquet" of flavors. Certainly a very interesting concept for pizza. Not sure I would want it everyday, but it looks like a "gotta try it at least once" combo.
Vince120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RnR,

I'm not sure what you mean by heft but the real flavor here is the sweet/sour (agrodolce in Italian) of vinegar, sugar, rasins, and capers. The eggplant flavor is fairly mild here. IF it is too much, but you like it otherwise, I would suggest replacing the eggplant with artichoke hearts. In any case...
Boun Appitito!

Vinny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Name your favorite pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: