The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Pizza Dough Prep surface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you stretch/roll your crust on?
Wooden Peal
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Metal Peal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wire Rack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
None of the above
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
CJ you need a life
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

CJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Prep surface Reply with quote

I always made/make my pizzas on a wooden peal liberally coated with flour/cornmeal and slide them off on to a hot brick or stone surface in the oven.

Just wondering how the rest of you do it.

Interesting side note: Some places I worked at preferred taking them out of the oven on a metal peal(because it was thinner) while others preferred the traditional wooden peal.
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Very similar to your method.. Reply with quote

I have a large bread board. After I've mixed the dough in a bowl I turn out the contents on a large brea board.

I knead my dough on the board. When I am ready to form my pizza dough, I stretch in right on the bread board.

I usually put corn meal underneath the pizza dough.
Then I build my pizza right there.

When completed I slide a peel underneath and take that to the oven where my pizza stone (actually a hearth kit) has been heating up.

Here is a trick if your pizza sticks. Pull off a piece of dental tape (string would work as well.) Slide the dental tape underneath the pizza to unstick it. Works like a charm...

pizza on earth.
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog

Last edited by pizza on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally started hand tossing the dough. I find it is much much better than rolling it with a rolling pin, the texture is so much better, in my opinion. It has taken some practice to get to this point, and I am by no means real good at it, but good enough to get the dough on a peel and to the charcoal grill (which is the only way I make pizza.... on the grill!).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: