The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
APIZZA SCHOLLS/THE REAL DEAL PART II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> What's new in pizzaland!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Devine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: APIZZA SCHOLLS/THE REAL DEAL PART II Reply with quote

Pizza Fan's:

- I made it back for a return visit to Apizza Scholls and it was awesome, it's a 263 mile round trip but it's worth it. The appetizers were great, the Pizza was great, the canolli's were a bit off the mark, but I'll cut em some slack, the place was busy. We waited an hour for a seat and about 25 more minutes for our pie's. You can pound beer and appetizers while you wait so all in all, the wait ain't so bad.We bumped into a guy from Cleveland who is very familiar with Pepe's and Lombardi's and another guy from So. Philly and they both made a trip of about an hour for the pizza. This place draws em in. They open at 5:00 pm.
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Mike. Reply with quote

Great review, Mike.

I first heard about Brian Spangler and Apizza Scholls when I interviewed Peter Reinhart for Legends of Pizza, Volume 1.
http://legendsofpizza.com.

When I interviewed, Brian for LOP Volume2, I found out the deep pizza passion he has. He was very forthcoming and shared many of his inside secrets.

He produces his incredible pizza, not with a coal or wood fired oven but with a commercial pizza oven.

Jon F., noted pizzaiolo, stated his pizza was the best he had ever had outside of Wooster Street (Pepe's and Sally's).
You can see some pics of Brian as well as Jon F.'s review on this page:
http://pizzatherapy.com/brianspangler.htm.

pizza on earth,
albert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> What's new in pizzaland! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: