The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Frozen Pizza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Discuss anything else here...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you eat frozen Pizza?
All the time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Once a month
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Once every 6 months
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Never!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
If I am at a friends house and they offer
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Other - please explain
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Frozen Pizza Reply with quote

Okay - fess up! Do you ever buy frozen pizza? What is your favorite brand?

I am guilty of buying frozen pizza. Embarassed If I come home late at night after work and I don't have time to make my own - a frozen pizza sure beats nothing at all. Actually - frozen pizzas have come a long way as far as taste and quality IMHO. Nothing like a good homeade pizza tho! Very Happy
Moo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to eat Totino's. Haven't bought or even really thought about getting any more since visiting this site. I think it was mainly just because it was more convenient than delivery.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past, I tried quite a few frozen pizzas.

The only frozen pizza I have any more is pizza I have made myself, and frozen. I've never found any frozen pizzas that were really up to par. I started making my own pizza, so, now I am spoiled.

I try to make enough pizza, sauce, whatever, so that I can freeze some for those times when I'd like to do something quick.

I make one pizza - why not two? If I make enough for two, I can freeze the extra and have it later. Bake it on the grill, let it cool, then wrap and freeze. And my pizza goes in the toaster oven for reheating (rather than the microwave).

I make a double or triple recipe of red sauce for pizza, and freeze the extra. Haven't tried that with the "white" sauce.

Same way with pasta sauce. It's no more work to make a large amount (other than putting it in quart freezer bags), and freeze the extra for later.

I make Italian beef in bulk. I freeze the extra broth (6-8 qts) to use later. I make a large roast, and I freeze leftovers for later. Makes for some pretty quick, easy dinners later on! Some fries, some Chicago hard rolls, pepperoncini, some beer..... there it is!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
songbird

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally try to avoid frozen cause I can only afford the cheap stuff. But my current fav is "Jack's" Bacon Cheeseburger pizza.

I'm not ashamed to admit to buying and even eating frozen pizza. Some of us don't have the time (or rather the forethought) to freeze our own, or the money to be snobs about pizza. I figure if it tastes good to me, I don't need anyone else's approval.

One of my dreams is to go to Italy someday and have "real" pizza. Til then I'll stick with chains, supermarket frozen, and my own pathetic attempts. Very Happy
Moo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songbird, much like the old saying "There are no stupid questions," I don't believe there are any pathetic attempts if you really want to make good pizza. I have made some pretty good pizza, in my opnion, and made some ok pizzas.. But I'd rather have my worst pizza (to date Wink ) than any chain pizza or frozen for more reasons than just quality. Smile
chefrockyrd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: frozen pizza?? This works for me. Reply with quote

I rarely eat purchased frozen pizza,- very rarely.... just have not found a good one, but I have been experimenting freezing my own. Since we like thin pies I do it unassembled.
Like most people we are in a hurry to eat and where I live - the trip to town is not worth the less than fair pizza.
So I tried this-
I recently made a large batch of dough, let it rise, then knocked it down and divided it by pie size in zipper bags.
If I remember before I want one, I take the dough out and lay it on the counter to thaw.
If you are in a rush it thaws/rises if you put the whole bag in a bowl of warm tap water. While that is happening I make a quick sauce, and get the toppings ready. I buy sliced cheeses at the deli counter of my grocery store, saves me from shredding etc. So far I have not gotten my self to buy preshredded stuff but that will happen eventually.
Then preheat the oven or grill and throw it together, bake it and dinner is served!
chefrockyrd
talanhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: It's been a long time Reply with quote

I haven't eaten a frozen pizza in a long time since Little Ceasars has a large Hot and Ready pepperoni pizza for only $5 and it's only two blocks from my house.
firerose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess, I will sometimes eat Red Baron individual pizza's if I am stuck in the office late working. Confused
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firerose wrote:
I must confess, I will sometimes eat Red Baron individual pizza's if I am stuck in the office late working. Confused

Me too. Embarassed I put them into the toaster oven for my kids - not to bad really. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Discuss anything else here... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: