The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Unusual Toppings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylvia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Unusual Toppings Reply with quote

The most unusual toppings on a pizza are the sweet dessert toppings,
ripe pears on a brown sugar and butter camarel base topped with a tart style syrup, Cranberry, passionfruit, Black current or berry, or lemon and them slices of Camenbert cheese.

This finishes off a pizza evening beautifully with either a nice glass of dessert wine or a coffee or hot chocolate. if done in winter you could make the syrup out of a reduced thick red wine sauce and serve with mulled wine to end the night.

If done for a kids party get them to make their own mini pizza and have all their favourite topping available, marshmellows , Chocolate, jam, nuts, spinkles, fruit etc.

It so nice to be able to just go nuts with fresh seasonal fruits and something decadant toppings, just let your guests make their own at a large BBQ table out side and pop it into the oven.
islandpizza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These dessert ones sound great - going to try them - thanks for the great ideas.
Vince120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Caribbean chicken Reply with quote

I work at a restaurant and make our pizza's, just a couple a week but it's great experience. I made a Caribbean chicken once simply by sprinkling some jerk seasoning on some already cooked chicken, then I sliced and roasted some sweet potatoes tossed with butter. As soon as they came out of the oven, I tossed them with sugar and cinnamon. Together, topped with cheese, I think it's the best unusual pizza I ever made.
KC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Unusual Pizza Topping Reply with quote

Maybe I'm the only one that's never heard of this but I had a couple of slices of macaroni and cheese pizza the other day. It was really good! I really didn't think I would care for it but it really tasted quite nice.

KC
Vince120

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC,

Mac and cheese, what a good idea!
gfitzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this, make standard recipe for Oysters Rockefeller (omit breadcrumbs and ~1/2 of the butter) thin it with some EVOO and then spread out over the dough surface add shredded mozzarella and bake off in 450˚F oven for ~7 - 9 minutes. Best on thin crust.

-gfitzy
Wink
urmaniac13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet pizza is quite common and popular in Italy. Actually, the word pizza in Italian refers to the plain dough, the bread part, not the finished product which one would imagine abroad as something loaded with tomatoes and cheese.

Therefore, what you can do with pizza, or pizza dough, the possibility is limitless. I myself quite fond of the sweet version topped with halved, seeded fresh grapes and sugar.

Also the Nutella pizza is the perpetual kids favourite!
Adjudicator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Swamp Gravy Reply with quote

Gimme' a pizza with some fried catfish and/or brem pieces, some oysters & frog leg meat, onion, & bell pepper and we will go to town. The sauce of course is some thickened (SP?) SWAMP GRAVY... Laughing The crust? Of course made from hushpuppy batter. Fresh sliced Vidalias and dill pickles on the side? But of course! Cole slaw available for all, also.

Hot dang! Very Happy
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Swamp Gravy Reply with quote

Adjudicator wrote:
Gimme' a pizza with some fried catfish

Shocked

I've never heard of that one before. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: