The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Pizza Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krobarr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Pizza Newbie Reply with quote

Hello! I am completely new to making Pizza. I grew up in Chicago and traveled all thru the states, and tried the pizza in most of them (Kona Brewing Co. in HI had some of the best). It's funny that I have never tried to make it myself. Just used the pizza therapy recipe an hour ago and it's rising. Can't wait to see the results.

Tony
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony!

Welcome to the forum Cool
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Tony! Let us know how that turns out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Krobarr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! my family was impressed. Not bad for the first run. They liked it better than Pizza Hut (blah nasty stuff). The crust needs some more crunch. I am thinking about leaving out a 1\4 cup of flour and adding some corn meal. Then baste the edge with some butter to round out the flavor. Other than that it was fantastic. It was so easy. Now my wife and I are thinking of other variations to try. My 3&4 yr. old girls loved putting the cheese on. all in all a good time.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only gets better from the first attempt!

Corn meal will give you a little bit fluffier 7 softer crust, at least that is my experience. I started using cornmeal for deep dish pizza, but I like it for any pizza, including on the grill.

Some olive oil will give you what you're looking for from butter, and probably without it burning around the edges, although I would not discourage your trying that - I never have.

Be sure you preheat your oven. While most electric ovens will "beep" after 7-8 minutes of preheating, manufacturers will tell you that you want to give it a good 30-45 minutes to adequately preheat the oven cavity to a good, even temperature. If you use a pizza stone, preheat that as well. The hotter, the better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: