The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
couple'a observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodfeste

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: couple'a observations Reply with quote

I'm a bit new at the fine art of pizza creation. But here goes nuthin': once I made a pizza that was mainstream (red sauce, meat, spinach, etc.) but then I saw a small tin of yellow corn in my cupboard, so I opened it and tossed it in. It added an extra texture to the cooked pie. Taste-wise, the usual tang was masked by the sweet, round corn taste. Haven't used corn since, however it occurs to me that milder white corn might be better (roasted, even). Or either type would work well with southwestern pizza stylings.

The idea of corn also shifted my mind into the realm of midwestern fare. How about a shepherd's pie pizza? You know, where the mashed potatoes on top are lightly crusted brown, and the meat and vegetables and sauce are underneath. Further, my dear Mom used to make the best pot roast. It was so tender and flavorful that the meat shredded from the bone with just a fork. I'd like to use that same meat, in some format on a pizza. Thanks. All fer now.
fat tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: the roast beef Reply with quote

my mom makes great roast beef too! in the crock pot that is so yea... idk why i said that but i did ! lol thanks.

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using coca cola/red wine or broth in your crock pot next time you make a pot roast. Always brown it in a pan first to lock in the moisture. I've had very tender pot roast but dry as a bone...

Shepherd's pie pizza? Now you're thinkin! Deep dish Shephards pie sounds great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: