The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Tips for Using Caputo with Baker's Pride PX-12 ELECTRIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Tips for Using Caputo with Baker's Pride PX-12 ELECTRIC Reply with quote

Anthony shares:

I recently received my first order of Molina Caputo flour and had great difficulty using it. I spent days scouring your site and Google for the solution but NOBODY posted the solution to my situation.

I figured it out, and thought I would offer it to you and recommend you use the info on your site because it's a wonderful new subject I don't think you've ever addressed before.

Caputo flour is specially formulated to work in a stone, brick, tile, etc., FLAT BOTTOM oven (such as the ones you sell or find in everyday pizzerias). But when this flour is going to be used to make dough to be cooked in a professional Baker's Pride PX-12 ELECTRIC pizza oven, both the Top AND Bottom ELEMENTS may be switched ON to heat the oven to 700 degrees, but before the pizza is inserted, THE TOP ELEMENT MUST BE TURNED OFF.

Using a different dough recipe with a different flour, allows BOTH elements to be ON during the entire cooking process.

I've been using this oven to cook pizza at my restaurant for many years and BOTH ELEMENTS were ALWAYS ON. Now, I'm trying to make my dough using CAPUTO FLOUR, instead. Neither your site nor any other website reveals this to folks who use ovens with selectible TOP and BOTTOM elements.

Now that I figured it out (after a half dozen failed experiments), I've just had some of the best pizza I've ever had in my life. I've been making pizzas for many years using a different flour with a Baker's Pride PX-12.

I've never had to switch the top burner OFF until now, with Caputo flour. Cooking with only the bottom element, resulted in an absolutely perfect tan color patterned crust bottom, and using corn meal pressed into the dough's bottom, produced a pizza that's so delicious, it's gread either hot or cold.

Also used in this pie is a Mario Batalia pizza sauce (San Marzano) and Grande brand shredded mozz., with fresh basil, oregano, etc. I'm 58 years old, live in New York City, had a pizzeria, and eat the BEST New York City has to offer, and this pie I just ate (using only the BOTTOM element) was HEAVEN.

What I'm saying is I think your site should mention the fact that when using a NON-flat-bottom oven, such as an electric countertop oven, the TOP element can be used to heat the oven to max, but when the pie goes in, the TOP element must be turned OFF with dough made with Caputo "OO" flour.

Thanks for the tips Anthony.
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: