The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
pizza cutter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fat tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: pizza cutter Reply with quote

hello. i work at papa murphys and just recently found out that we sell pizza cutters with a lifetime gaurentee (i cant spell it haha) but yea, and if it breaks or anything you just bring it back and trade for a new one. i thought id share that with you all. ive used them (its a tid illegal for me sence im under age but what the hey lol) and they cut great, jsut sharing, thanks

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony:

Is that a roller-blade type cutter, or is the big long blade that you rock forth and back (you can't come "back" unless you have first gone "forth"). I have both kinds. Kind of partial to the big long rocker blade, it's quick and easy. It's a "Presto" Pizzazz. I have a couple of the roller blades, one has an aluminum handle, the other a wood handle. The problem with that is it really shouldn't go in the dishwasher. But again, if it doesn't go in the dishwasher, I should probably throw it out.

Pizza on Earth!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fat tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: papa murphys pizza cutter Reply with quote

dfandreatta, thanks for looking! our cutters at papa murphys are the roller kind, they are under 5 dollers (at our store) and as i mentioned before are gaurenteed for life! also, they can go in the dishwasher they have plastic handels but they are strong! i also have the rocker kind of cutter, but i found, sence it is plastic, that the "sharp" edge is rolling after a few years of use, it was alot more expenisive then the ones we sell at papa murphys and i hate using the rocker one lol but yea, i hope my info helped! thanks

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Rock 'n' Roll! Reply with quote

The large "rocker" knife I have is steel, nice and sharp, does a great job. Both of my "rollers" do well also. It's all according to what you prefer.

What about pizza stones? I have a small one - about 13" - but my pizza on the grill is closer to the size of my peel, which runs 18" across. Has anybody got any lines on larger pizza stones?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tgnytg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Pizza stones Reply with quote

Papa Don,

Heck, I just tried to answer your "Ingredients" questions. So while I am on a roll...

I have a Fibrement-D baking stone in my oven and love it. It does cost more than the bargain ones, but the cheap ones have a nasty tendency to shatter after just a few uses.

Pizza stones: http://www.bakingstone.com/

They are not light to move around nor cheap to buy, but they hold heat very well and are difficult to break. Mine is in my oven all the time and smooths out temperature fluctuations anytime we bake.

I notice that you make pizza on a grill. There is a stone specifically made for a grill. Grills are difficult because you will break a stone if you expose it directly to a flame, so the grill stones have a metal pan to protect it.

Note that shipping IS INCLUDED in their price. Also, make sure you measure your oven/grill with a tape measure before you order one.

Cheers, Tom
Moo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a stone from The Pampered Chef which is 15", I believe. It's a pretty nice stone, but don't know how well it would hold up on a grill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: