The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
School Cafeteria Pizza (Grade School Pizza)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: School Cafeteria Pizza (Grade School Pizza) Reply with quote

We loved this pizza! Scott has said at least 4 times, make this anytime! It really does take you back! Laughing

*I cut the pieces smaller than the directions and also used turkey pepperoni (you would never know the difference). This sauce would be awesome on any pizza! Smile

School Cafeteria Pizza (Grade School Pizza)

Dough

1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. sugar
1.5 t. salt

Sauce – (makes enough for 4 pizzas)

15 oz. can tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 T. sugar
1 t. oregano
1 t. basil
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. salt (1/4 t.)

Assembly

350 degree oven
1/2 sheet pan
8 oz. cheese
36 pepperoni slices

Using a fork (I used my docker) you need to dock the dough so that it does not form bubbles. You want the pizza crust to be the same thickness all the way across the pan. Start in one corner and work your way over the whole crust. Place the crust in the oven for 10-12 minutes. You want it to cook through, but not turn brown. The key to good grade school pizza is a chewy crust.

While the pizza is in the oven make your sauce. Combine all of the ingredients, stir and then let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Remove the pizza from the oven and let it slightly cool. Then lightly coat with the pizza sauce. You don’t want to overdue the sauce if you want a really authentic pizza. I used about 1/4 of the sauce on the pizza. Cover the remaining sauce and refrigerate. Sauce the pizza - Make sure to sauce all the way to the edges.
Once the pizza is sauced spread out the 8oz of mozzarella cheese. Once again, for this to be authentic you don’t want to overdo it on the cheese. You want to cover the pizza but still leave some opening for the sauce to shine through. I found that one 8oz bag of cheese was the perfect amount.

Finally it is time to add the pepperoni. As with grade school, there should be 6 slices of pepperoni on each rectangle of pizza. The pizza when cut produces 6 slices. Equally space out 36 slices of pepperoni.

Place the pizza back in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly melted. Make sure to remove the pizza from the oven before the cheese starts to turn brown.
Perfectly cooked pizza - Cut into 6 rectangles and serve.

Source - Rex (Savory Reviews) - "Since the pizzas we all loved as children were pre-manufactured I had to blind bake the crust just like the company does before it is frozen and shipped out. Here is my take on the classic. The crust and pizza were just like I remembered them. The crust was not browned, but fully cooked. The crust has a perfect thickness and chewiness. Honestly, all I needed was a pint of chocolate milk and I could have been right back in grade school. I think I have the sauce and crust spot on. Enjoy!!"

I hope to get better pics next go. Smile

This pizza is good! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: