The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Bleecker Street Pizza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> East Coast Pizza Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Bleecker Street Pizza Reply with quote

Eugene from New Jersey Reviews:

I recently took a Pizza Tour of my own making in NYC. I'm going to recap my experiences for you to add to your website. Having spent the last 45 years searching for excellent pizza the World over gives credence to my remarks IMO.

Bleecker Street Pizza
(212)- 924-4466
69 Seventh Ave South,NYC

First off this place claims on their menu,"The Food Network named us 'Best Pizza in NY';

New York Post 'Best Pizza List'; WB11's 'Best thin Crust Pizza'

I walked into this place right as they opened and ordered a slice of their 'Regular Pizza', and a slice of 'Sicilian Pizza', as they were hot out of the oven and did not require reheating either slice.

The Sicilian pie is not as traditional as I have eaten over the years. It is half the thickness one expects, more akin to a 'Granma pie' in thickness of the crust. The sauce was more along the lines of a marinara, and the cheese to sauce ratio was slim on the cheese end. It had a fried crust edge typical of an overgreased/oiled sheet pan it was baked in.

The Regular slice had blah cheese and sauce taste with a Cracker crust vs NYC style crust (aka Joe's Pizza). If you like Cracker crust this is fine, but it is not Cracker crust that Most New Yorker's favor for their pizza crusts IME. NOT memorable and NOT worth a visit or return trip IME.
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
JoeBaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Pizza Reviews Reply with quote

This seems to be a very good experience. Definitely, even I am feeling eager to taste such pizza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> East Coast Pizza Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: