The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Belinda's Home-Made Pizza Dough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Belinda's Home-Made Pizza Dough Reply with quote

I have made the Garlic and Herb version several times.
Home-Made Pizza Dough

Posted by Belinda

This one takes Rapid Rise yeast and it is actually mixed with the dry ingredients first and not proofed in warm water. I also have played around with this recipe and added brown sugar. Works great.

Belinda's Home-Made Pizza Dough

3 to 3-1/2 cups flour (Bread Flour works much better but AP works good too)
1 package fast rise yeast like Rapid Rise
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup very warm water (125* to 130*)
2 TBS good olive oil
Cornmeal

In a large bowl, combine and mix 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Stir warm water and oil into dry ingredients and then stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest on floured surface for 10 minutes. Lightly oil round pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal (I just sprinkle cornmeal on my pizza stone). Form dough into a smooth ball. Roll or press out to form pan. Add your toppings and then bake 400-450* depending on your oven and how hot it gets for 15-20 minutes. I prefer to bake mine at 450*.

VARIATIONS:

Garlic and Herb Dough
Add 2 tsp dried basil, oregano or rosemary AND one clove garlic finely minced to dry ingredients.

Cornmeal Dough
Replace 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup cornmeal and add to dry ingredients.

Cheese Dough
Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to dry ingredients.

Whole Wheat Dough
Replace 1 cup flour with 1 cup whole wheat flour and add to dry ingredients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pizza Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: