The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Ciao from Rome!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urmaniac13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Ciao from Rome!! Reply with quote

Hi there everyone, my name is Licia, a good friend of mine from another cooking/food forum introduced me to this group, and I am very thrilled to have this opportunity to join up with you guys!! I have been living in Rome Italy for a little over 3 years, and needless to say, have been learning the art of true Roman style pizza under the guidance of my Roman partner Cristiano, who is quite an expert. I look forward to chatting about one of the greatest foods in the world with you guys! Molto piacere!! Very Happy
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Urmaniac! Cool

Welcome to the group. Very Happy
Vince120

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Roman Pizza Reply with quote

Hi Licia,

I'm really interested in the Roman pizza experience. Please share with us the average Roman pizza and how it is made, no detail is to small.

Mille Grazie!

Vinny
urmaniac13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!

The typical roman style pizzas are very thin and crispy, after making the dough you stretch it very, very thin just short of being transparent. Then after you stretched into the proper shape, you let it raise for 20-30minutes in a warm place, top with your favourite items, sprinkle with evoo (extra virgine olive oil) and bake them, ideally with a wood burning oven, in which should take only a couple of minutes. If not, at a temperature as high as possible, in this case you may want to hold the cheese at the beginning, bake it without until the dough is almost ready, then add the cheese and finish the baking procedure for another couple of minutes.
And they don't use those pasty readymade "pizza sauce" at all, they just use crushed tomatoes with their preferred blend of spices/herbs sprinkled upon. (Be careful not to put too much tomatoes, as thin the crust are, it will get too soggy!), also pizza bianca (white pizza) variations are quite popular as well, the ones without tomato sauces.

Well, maybe I got into too much details, but the most prominent characteristic of Roman pizza is the thin and crispy dough with a nice fragrance of evoo.
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Hello Licia! Reply with quote

We are honored to have you part of this on-going conversation about pizza, Licia.

As Chris Bianco says, "Pizza is something you never master."

I have been making pizza for many years, but I still feel I am a student. I am always trying to learn new recipes and new techniques.

Can you tell me if there a major difference between Roma Pizza and Neapolitan pizza?

What is the difference?
Like Vinny says: "No detail is to small."

Also, I am ver interested in your white pizza adventures. Can you share how to make a white pizza?

Again, thank you so very much for sharing your expertise.
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: