The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
The same old song and dance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite pizza stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indian Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: The same old song and dance Reply with quote

It is quite amazing to have an abundance of pizza styles in the US. I am currently living in Antigua in the West Indies and there is one style from the several makers of pizza here on the island. It is flat and not very tasty, but after a week with NO pizza, it is pretty good. I think the main difference in the pizza, is the amount of crust on the edges that is burnt or charred. The sauce is usually scarce and bland, but after a week, it is pretty good. I enjoy the time I get back to the USA when there is a variety of pizza. I have an oven and a small charcoal grill, if I can find more time, maybe I can attempt a pizza on the grill. Any advice?
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Grilling Pizza Reply with quote

I have always had good luck grilling pizza.
I first saw someone grill a pizza a few years ago and since then have developed my own methods.

There are a number of methods you can use, I generally use the direct heat method.

I created a web page about grilling pizza, here is the link:

http://pizzatherapy.com/grilling.htm

I stretch out my pizza dough and throw it right on the grill. Now remember the dough will cook very fast.

After the dough has cooked on the grill on one side, I take it off, flip it so the cooked cooked side is up.

I then top it with sauce and cheese as I usually do. I then slide it on the grill with the uncooked side down.

I cover the grill or make a tent with aluminum foil.

If the bottom starts to cook to quickly, I slide a pizza pan underneath the pizza.

You need to be VERY careful when you take the pizza pan off the grill as the pan will be hot.

That's one method to grill...there are certainly many other methods that work well...

pizza on earth,

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
MikeOne496@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha from down unda, folks!!
As a result of the newsletter, I'm getting more involved in learning this discussion board operation & hope to incorporate some suggestions, ask some questions & have fun making a 'grilled' pizza!!
Did I read here that corn meal was a kewl pan liner, instead of dusting with flour, to keep a baked pie from sticking to the pan? ? ? I've been having very successful results!!
The question a few days ago about a double crust pizza baffles the heck outta me? I'm not too sure what that's about, if not merely a couple slices folded on top of each other, sandwich style?? Or a Calzone? Hummm...hope someone answers that 'question' thread...
I'm very anxious to git to tomorrow to try the grill idea...meanwhile, Albert, don't sweat the Super Bad rap...it'll create some attention & who cares about negativity! It's ALWAYS easy to TALK she it & evidently there are plenty of she it talkers who couldn't find the pilot lite of decency with a twenty year scholarship with Julia Child, much less build a pie better than any of our worst burnt! And certainly you know in today's vernacular, Super Bad is like Phat Dude!! I'm lovin' yer doctorin & docturine! Tanx! K-den, MikeWon/NSWMoke
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: The same old song and dance Reply with quote

Indian Jack wrote:
It is quite amazing to have an abundance of pizza styles in the US. I am currently living in Antigua in the West Indies and there is one style from the several makers of pizza here on the island. It is flat and not very tasty, but after a week with NO pizza, it is pretty good. I think the main difference in the pizza, is the amount of crust on the edges that is burnt or charred. The sauce is usually scarce and bland, but after a week, it is pretty good. I enjoy the time I get back to the USA when there is a variety of pizza. I have an oven and a small charcoal grill, if I can find more time, maybe I can attempt a pizza on the grill. Any advice?

You'll find plenty of information here on grilling pizza. Since I started doing pizza on the grill, that's the only way I make it anymore!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite pizza stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: