The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Risotto con le Salsicce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Italian Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Risotto con le Salsicce Reply with quote

This is a simple and tasty dish, nice for those chilly fall/winter nights! This recipe will serve 4-6.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 1/2 cups risotto rice (Arborio or Vialone Nano)
* 1/3 pound fresh sweet Italian sausages (usually about 3 links), remove casing and crumble
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
* 1/2 medium red onion, minced
* 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped (more or less, to taste)
* 6-8 leaves fresh basil, chopped (more or less, to taste)
* small can tomato paste
* 1 quart simmering beef broth
* 1/2 cup red table wine (my rule is, if it's not good enough to drink, it's not good enough for cooking)

EXECUTION:
Peel and mince the onion, then sauté with all but a tablespoon of the butter in a large pot or dutch oven. When the onion has browned lightly, add the oregano and basil, simmer for a few minutes, then add the sausage. When the sausage is cooked, remove everything with a slotted spoon, leaving behind as much of the liquid as possible. Set the onion/spice/sausage mix aside.

Sauté the rice, stirring briskly, for 5-7 minutes, then return the onions, spices and sausage. Warm the wine, then stir that in. Be sure to warm the wine.... the wine must be warmed or the rice will flake.

Once the wine has evaporated begin adding broth a ladle or so at a time. When the rice is about half done stir in the tomato paste. Continue stirring in broth until the rice reaches the al dente stage, then stir in the remaining butter, and the parmesan. Turn off the flame and let the risotto sit covered for a couple of minutes, then serve.

Enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Thanks Papa Don... Reply with quote

Thank you very much for this great recipe.

Where in the world do you come up with this great recipes, Papa Don?

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally start with a basic idea or recipe, then build on it from there. Cooking is somewhat like chemistry - there are things that go together well, and things that don't. I will experiment, and try to always write down what I do so that once I have the final result, I can duplicate it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..... great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Italian Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: