The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Latest Pizza Craving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Rules of Posting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pencil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Latest Pizza Craving Reply with quote

Hello

I know this pizza is simple in making but lately that's what I want. My simple pizza consists of chicken, mushrooms and spinach. Spinach adds a great flavor to all pies.

Let us all know what your latest pizza urgings are? We are very interested!!!

THanks

Pencil
goodfeste

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Latest Pizza Craving Reply with quote

Hey Pencil, I think your 3 item pizza sounds marvelous. It's elegance is in its simplicity. Set that hot pie on any table and a crowd of salivating, very interested humans will quickly form. BTW, what do you use for a sauce? Or anything at all?

As for me, I enjoy breakfast and pizza. I combined the two, creating scrambled egg pizza. For the base, I thinly spread a variety of red sauce on a half-cooked crust. Next I spread out mounds of freshly scrambled eggs, slightly wet -- often mixing-in thinly sliced sausage or ground meat or olives. Then I rain down the mozzarella and maybe accent with dabs of pesto here than there. Then into the oven it goes for 7-10 minutes, which finishes the eggs and crust. I make a large pie because, as with your pizza, salivating crowds form.
Pencil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Latest Pizza Cravings Reply with quote

I like the idea of a scrambled egg pizza. I love eggs!!! Try throwing some chili on it because I know chili and eggs go great with each other. I was at Cape Cod once and had the pleasure of having a chili omelot. Great!!! It still makes my mouth water.

Since I'm still a novice at pizza making I have been using just Healthy Choice spaghetti sauce. Forgive me please !!! I will eventually get more motivated hopefully. I'm disabled and my whole body suffers from debilitating severe chronic pain. I worked 12 -16 hours a night for 22 years and now I caan't work for 5 minutes w/o my pain becoming brutal.

Thanks for your response. This is how this will work.

Pencil
gfitzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pencil

Is the spinach fresh or thawed frozen? A good combo with the spinach flavor is crumbled Feta right after the pie comes out of the oven.

-gfitzy
Very Happy
Pencil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Latest Pizza Cravings Reply with quote

Hi

Is that you Fitz from SMC? Are you still working at Yale?

I use fresh spinach, of course!!!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of eating a few pies at Pepe's in New Haven with Albert Grande and David and Judy Adams. Of course Albert's beautiful wwife and child were there. Albert ordered the pies and they were great. They were a clam, vegetable(pepers and onions, I believe) and a bacon and pepporoni. The crust was the best. Like all Italian food the left-over pies tasted even better the next day.

Pencil
fat tony

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: craving Reply with quote

honestly im craving a pepperoni and bacon pizza... although i woudlnt mind a pizza with some crushed garlic, mozzerela (i cant spell), spiniach, chicken, and feta cheese... also some zety herbs =D. thats about it though.

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pencil, I went shopping for canned stewed tomatoes for my first pizza, but all they had was Del Monte's "Italian Recipe." I got two cans, got them home and realized there were onions in the mix.. I'm a bit "onionphobic" so I drained the tomatoes and dumped everything in the blender. Voila - no more onions. Wink Anyway, it worked out really well and a can will sauce a 15" pie easily. Very little effort involved. I was going to follow Albert's directions exactly, but things happen. The pies came out good.

e-Moo
Pencil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Latest Craving Reply with quote

Moo

Thanks alot for your input. I'm sure your pie came out great!!!

Pencil
amybrodney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to make a three-topping pizza, it would have to be vegetarian. I'd go with vegetarian sausage, sundried tomatoes, and of course, olives!

-Amy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Rules of Posting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: