The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
help me make a pasta sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pasta Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirstie87fgh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: help me make a pasta sauce Reply with quote

i'm sick of bolognese sauces and my dads demanding that i use mince in my sauce... it's to accompany spinach and plain tagliatelle (i don't know how to spell) and it's fresh and nice and good pasta, and i don't want to make a tomato sauce because it won't match the pasta...

something creamy, and mincey would be good.

any suggestions?

x
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "mince" - do you mean by that "finely chopped"?

Have you considered something on the order of an Alfredo? You can find a pile of recipes at http://www.myalfredosauce.com

As a variation on one of those, you could brown some minced onion and garlic to add, along with chopped artichoke hearts.

I'm not much for white sauces, although I do make "white" pizza using a recipe that I posted somewhere here on the forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
love=pizza

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dfandreatta"]When you say "mince" - do you mean by that "finely chopped"?

Have you considered something on the order of an Alfredo? You can find a pile of recipes at http://www.myalfredosauce.com

As a variation on one of those, you could brown some minced onion and garlic to add, along with chopped artichoke hearts.

I'm not much for white sauces, although I do make "white" pizza using a recipe that I posted somewhere here on the forum.[/quote]
We do something similar with asparagus or perhaps finely chopped broccoli, not everyone's taste but we like it.
ExplosiveFitness

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: white ragu would work Reply with quote

a quick white ragu would work,

brown your mince and set aside to drain

Sweat off some onion, celery, carrot, garlic and chilli.

Once soft and sweet, add the meat in, a glug of good white wine.
Reduce.
Add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water, then about the same amount of mascapone as meat u used.

Cook gently until pasta is done.Season

Delicious!

If you need a more precise recipe just let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pasta Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: