The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Garlic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Garlic Reply with quote

Do you use garlic powder, garlic salt, or do you mince your own? Or do you buy it in the jar already peeled, or minced?

Is there a difference, in your opinion?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GOOMBA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAPA DON:
Good afternoon to you. Don, good question, No one listens to the answer however. The use of those articles mentioned are useless except the ones in a jar. i would not bother with them anyway except marinated somewhat to place on top of a pizza. They do have some merit in their use. Salt & the minced none!!!. Waste of money. If your interested in flavoring your pizza dough there is just one method & it's this ...roast the garlic in their skins till soft & lightly brownish. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins & mix it in with the other ingredients in your mixer when making your pizza dough.
I hope this post will give you some insight to you answer. Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day my friend.

~GOOMBA.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use only fresh garlic, which I chop or press. I have not found any garlic already processed (i.e., in the jar) that I thought was as good as directly from the bulb. Seems like it loses something along the way. Garlic powder or garlic salt, to me, are for the sake of "convenience" - I personally prefer to crush and press the stuff myself.

I have roasted garlic to spread on bread. Never used it for pizza, though, and I am thinking I will try that with both my "red" and "white" recipes.

For the red, I use it raw and just spin it up with the other ingredients. For the white, I lightly sautee it with the red onion, when the onion is about done.

But, yes, roasted, I see a new horizon here.

Thanks for that insight!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: