The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
More Dough Problems...Stretching and Too Crispy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Dough Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: More Dough Problems...Stretching and Too Crispy... Reply with quote

Louie writes:

Albert: Thanks for the follow up. You run a first class site.

I did have some problems with my dough. I followed your recipe exactly...
Problem came when I tried to roll it out...
I proofed the dough overnite and it seemed to be nice and soft.
After I took it out from the fridge, the next day, I let it rest and then tried to roll it out...
Very hard to due because everytime I rolled it out, it shrunk back on me.

I could not roll it thin enough and it would not stay flat when I used the rolling pin.

What did I do wrong?

When I did try to cook a small rolled piece, it cooked dry like a saltine cracker.

PLEASE if you have time, let me know what you think I might have done wrong...

Thanking you in advance.

Happy MOthers Day to you and Yours.

Regards,
Louie

My Response:

Thanks for writing. The problem having your dough stretch back is a common one.

I recommend you slowly work the dough. I used to roll out my dough, however, I now hand stretch it.

I recommend that you work the dough slowly. Each time you roll it it will stretch back less and less.
Roll slowly, turn the dough roll again. Roll again slowly, flip it over and roll it agian.

I think with a little practice you will get the dough to the thckness that you want.

Practice a few more times. You will be amazed at your self at how quickly you are able to get a feel for the dough. Soon you will be stretching like a pro.

The dry cracker effect may be due to either over cooking the pizza ie keeping it in the oven to long.

Another problem could be not pre-heating your oven to 500+ for 45 minutes to an hour.

You really need to crank up the oven to over 500+ F. The key is to make sure you perheat your oven for at least an hour. Especially true if you are using a pizza stone.

I recommend you read the posts in this forum for more hints and tricks.
Please let me know if you are having any more problems.

We are here to help...

pizza in your kitchen,

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Dough Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: