The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Pasta with additives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Discussion about making pasta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Pasta with additives Reply with quote

Do any of you make homemade pasta with spinach or other "additives"? Sun-dried tomatoes and the like?

What is the ratio, how much do you add to the mix by proportion, and how do you determine that?

And, what all do you add to the dough? I like dark chocolate, but I don't think it goes in pasta.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AAndreatta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Pasta additives Reply with quote

I haven't tried it yet, but your question got me to thinking about adding a tablespoon of sun dried tomato paste (it comes in a "toothpaste" tube) to my pasta dough.
archangel2003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started my second batch of pasta.
I got an Marcato Atlas 150 pasta machine with the angel hair attachment, at a local antique shop for only $10 and it took 2 hours to tear it down and to clean it, and then to figure out how to get it to crank out the pasta somewhat smoothly and sort of straight.

The first was a golden pasta
2 cups flour
9 egg yolks
1 tpsp of E.V.O.O.

And it was FANTASTIC!
And after repeatedly failing at making bread, it's refreshing to make something more than edible!

This time I used
2 cups flour
3 whole eggs
2 tbsp of 365 double strength tomato paste out of the tube
1 tbsp of E.V.O.O.
1 tbsp water

and so far it feels a little less stiff but not too sticky.
In a few minutes I will be cranking it out and we will be having it for dinner tonight.
I will post a comment on the flavor.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a pretty good deal on the Atlas!

Let us know how it's working out for you. It's pretty much impossible to beat fresh, homemade pasta, in my opinion!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
archangel2003

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfandreatta wrote:
You got a pretty good deal on the Atlas!

YEP! A good score!

dfandreatta wrote:

Let us know how it's working out for you. It's pretty much impossible to beat fresh, homemade pasta, in my opinion!

The tomato infused pasta was good, but because the wife used a tomato based sauce, I had a hard time tasting the difference beyond the texture being a smidge firmer than the first (9 yolk "golden") pasta I made.

She also used 3/4 of the noodles I made so the 1/2 I planned to give to my daughter is light, but it did dry rather well on the 5 foot long 3/4 inch thick maple stick I set up between 2 chairs for drying.

Also, I had to place the pasta on the counter with flour to coat the sides to prevent the pasta sticking to the rollers as it was a bit wet.
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a tomato based sauce would tend to cancel out the tomato in the pasta.

Sounds like it was good, anyway!
archangel2003

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this pasta thing is EASY!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!
archangel2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I made Semolina pasta.
1 cup standard flour
1 cup semolina flour
1/4 cup E.V.O.O.
2 tb sp water

And it felt oily and gritty while kneading, but when I cranked it out at #3 like the other pastas I made it came out so much thinner and more fragile!

I ended up with twice as much cut noodles as last time!

I first attempted to crank it through the spaghetti cutter and it came out wavy but would not separate without falling apart.

It might have been to wet at first but seems to dry rather fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Discussion about making pasta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: