The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Sally's Apizza: A Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pepe's Sally's, or Modern Apizza
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Sally's Apizza: A Review Reply with quote

Ruth, Rick, Bobby and Flo Consiglio:
The Sally's Apizza Family!

I knew it was going to be a good night of pizza when Jon F. and Sandi showed up with smiles of their faces. They were anxiously anticipating going to Sally’s Apizza for the first time.

We arrived at Wooster Street, 30 minutes before Sally’s opened. We were first in line. Jon and Sandi guarded our spot, while Charlene and I took Kamalei to ride the swings in a nearby park. We came back just in time to see the lights of Sally’s twinkle on.

Show-time!

Stepping into Sally’s Apizza is like going back in time. From the moment you walk in the door you are transported to a different era. The décor is simple and functional. The booths are cozy and comfortable.

Rick Consiglio, son of Sally (Salvatore), showed us our table and then handed us our menus. He explained there were several pizzas that were not on the menu.

I looked around. Pictures and mementoes lined the walls. Frank Sinatra’s portrait, personally autographed, hung above us. We knew we were in the company of greatness. After all, we were sharing our pizzas with “the Chairman of the Board.”

We opted for a large clam, a large pepper and mozzarella, and a small potato and mozzarella. I also ordered a small pepperoni to go. The Family had instructed us, to not return home, unless we brought back a Sally’s pizza.

Each pizza was unique and memorable. The crust was superb. The potato pizza, which we had sampled on our last visit, was a show stopper. Lightly seasoned with just a hint of rosemary, all of the toppings blended together to create a wonderful taste.

The clam pizza, was extremely tasty and satisfying. The crust was thin but did not bend under the weight of the toppings. These were happy clams. Scrumptious clams.

The pepper and mozzarella was quite tasty and understated. The sweet peppers complimented the amazing crust. We were all totally satisfied. Even Kamalei insisted I take her picture while she was eating a slice of pizza. She wanted to remember the moment.

Sally’s is truly a family operation. Rick works the “front of the house”. While brother Bobby, works “the back of the house”, making pizzas. Sister Ruth, helps out at the register. Flo, Sally’s wife, was all over restaurant, helping wherever she could. She looked years younger than the last time I had seen her. I would love to know her secret. She is the glue that holds the family together.

Sally himself passed on several years ago. He would be quite pleased to see his family continue the legacy. This is truly a family operation. Each member contributing to make sure the operation runs smooth.

Sally’s Apizza is like no other pizzeria on the planet.
I am sure the Consiglio’s would have it no other way.

The potato pizza at Sally's Apizza!
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pepe's Sally's, or Modern Apizza All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: