The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour Reviewed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Who makes the best pizza?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour Reviewed Reply with quote

I’ve got some news for you. When you go on A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour you don’t just get a Slice, you get the whole pie… You experience Brooklyn from the inside out. And I do mean experience. I’m proposing that they re-name this tour.

Let me explain;

Sure we ate pizza. But we got so much more. There was history, stories, film clips of movies filmed in Brooklyn, and even a little romance. At one point we rubbed shoulders with a Brooklyn Wedding. (I’m not kidding).

Our guide, Paula was simply amazing. Her energy level and spirit added to our entire experience. She is from Brooklyn and is half Italian and half Jewish. What a combination! She gave insights to the cultural melting pot that makes up all of the different neighborhoods. Who could ask for more?

And she fit right in with the whole spirit of the tour. She was able to give inside information about all of the hot spots in Brooklyn. Her knowledge was extensive. Her passion for the borough of Brooklyn was unmatched.

What about the pizza?

On the tour you are given two very different tastes of Brooklyn pizza. You sample thin Neapolitan pizza as well as thick Sicilian pizza.

The first was at legendary pizzeria, Grimaldi’s. When we arrived, there was a long line of pizza fanatics waiting to get pizza. With the Tour, we were given VIP treatment and immediately seated. We ordered drinks and the pizzas came out a short while later.

Gimaldi’s uses a coal fired oven so your pizza is cooked very hot and very fast. The thin crust was full of flavor. We were served Margherita pizzas. This is the best way to judge the taste of the crust. You are not distracted by any other competing tastes. The pizza was outstanding. And each table was given two entire pies to sample. There was so much pizza; we almost didn’t finish it all. Almost.

By the time we left, the line outside had doubled. With the taste of the pizza still lingering in my mouth, I knew why.

After more travels through inner Brooklyn, we ended up at S and B Spumoni Gardens. Here we experienced a very different type of pizza. This was thick crust Sicilian pizza. This pizza was heavily sauced with a smattering of cheese.

This is a kind of pizza I am very familiar with. As a kid we would find this kind of pizza served in Italian Bakeries. The pizza was excellent and brought back many wonderful memories for me. We also treated ourselves to an Italian Ice. This totally hit the spot.
Another outrageous feature of the tour is what I call film meets reality. You are able to experience clips of movies shot in Brooklyn. And I do mean experience. While the clip is playing inside, you are at the exact spot the movie was shot outside. This was totally mind boggling.

Another highlight of the tour was quick stroll on the Boardwalk of Coney Island. This was the cherry on top of the tour. If you ever wondered what the song “Under The Boarwalk” is about, your answer is revealed on the Tour.

I cannot recommend this tour enough. This was simply an exceptional experience. We all had a great time and a lot of fun. If you are looking for a wonderful pizza adventure in New York, you need to check out: A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour.

pizza all over Brooklyn!

http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Who makes the best pizza? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: