The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Seasoned dough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Seasoned dough Reply with quote

Does anyone use any seasonings in your dough.... such as garlic, basil, oregano, etc.?

I am contemplating adding some fresh herbs to my dough, I already use fresh herbs in the toppings, but wonder about adding this to the dough for a different effect.

I only use fresh herbs that I grow in my garden. I find the flavor is much different.

Don Andreatta
Tampa, Florida
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
007bond-jb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: re seasond dough Reply with quote

I add garlic powder & oregano to my dough. I also use 25% semolina flour to make my dough
Vince120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Semolina in dough? Reply with quote

Hi 007, what does the semolina do for your dough? What are the differences between with and without?

Thanks

Vinny
007bond-jb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Hi Vinny Reply with quote

It changes the texture like using cornmeal in a Chicago deep dish type pizza, scroll down to chicago style on the link
http://www.pizzamaking.com/pizza_recipes.html
On the above sites forums I don't remember where but in a post from a member living in Italy he said either Sicilian or maybe Neapolitan types use 100% simolena flour I'm not sure which.
fat tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: seasoned dough Reply with quote

ok well, i work at papa murphys, and i know we are a chain, but i get to make my own pizza there so yea, i made our new herb chicken mediterannian or whatever haha, anywho i put our zesty herbs all over the crust before i put cheese or the olive and garlic sauce mix. it was great! the crust was very good to eat. my family agreed taht it was great also. so its worth a try, you can also buy zesty herbs at your local papa murphys. so good luck! thanks

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Papa Murphy's Reply with quote

Tony:

Is that the "take and bake" place where you pick it up, take it home and bake it yourself?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fat tony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: take n bake Reply with quote

yes sir, it is a take and bake place, i can PROMISE you that it will be the FRESHEST pizza in town... so if u need a pizza quick or sumthing like that, i wouldnt hesitate to stop there... it is very good... so yea.. if i didn ansure questions please ask.. thanks for asking.

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Take & Bake Reply with quote

There are places where you can go and make your own wine; there are places where you can brew your own beer; there are places you can pick up a pizza to bake yourself. What a country!

I'm thinking a place where you could actually make the pizza, and combine the other two..... wonder how that would sell?

Somebody will probably pick up the idea and make a fortune....
fat tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: ur idea Reply with quote

haha good idea.. but erm i cant drink.. im only 15.. legaly anyway.. thats why im not sure abour ur sauce recipe.. also.. how much will a bottle of the wine u use run me? i was jw.. thanks!

tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: