The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Three-Cheese Lasagna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pasta Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Three-Cheese Lasagna Reply with quote

At the last minute we wanted to make lasagna (first go on the BGE) and I didn’t have time to make my meat version, so we made a cheese lasagna. It was really good! Smile

Three-Cheese Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles, uncooked

2 (24-oz.) cans traditional pasta sauce

1 tsp. GRANULATED GARLIC POWDER

4 tsp. BASIL

2 tsp. MARJORAM

2 tsp. TURKISH OREGANO

2 tsp. WHOLE FENNEL SEEDS

1 tsp. CRACKED ROSEMARY

1/2 tsp. PENZEYS FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER

1/4 tsp. CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES

3 (15-oz.) cartons ricotta cheese, divided (-)

3 (8-oz.) pkgs. finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

11/4 Cups grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. Pour both cans of pasta sauce into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the GARLIC, BASIL, MARJORAM, OREGANO, FENNEL, ROSEMARY, PEPPER and CRUSHED RED PEPPER. Spoon 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce into a 9"x13" baking dish and spread evenly on the bottom. On top of the sauce, lay out 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, centering them lengthwise in the pan (yes it really works—the noodles expand and soften while baking). Drop by spoonfuls, 11/2 cups of ricotta cheese onto the noodles. Spread the ricotta cheese to the edge of the noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup of finely shredded mozzarella cheese over the ricotta. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella. Spoon 3/4 cup pasta sauce on top of the cheese layers. Repeat two more layers of noodles, cheeses and sauce, gently pressing down on the noodles. Lay out the 4th layer of noodles, gently pressing down into previous layer. Spoon 1 cup of pasta sauce onto the noodles. Completely cover the noodles with sauce.

Cover the baking pan with foil. Bake at 350° for 75 minutes, or until all the noodles in the middle of the pan are soft. Uncover; sprinkle the top layer with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. If you wish the cheese to brown, turn to low broil for a few minutes, but watch carefully. Remove from the oven. Let lasagna "set" for 15 minutes before cutting.

NOTE: The lasagna can be prepared a day ahead of serving. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (The noodles will soften overnight.) Remove plastic wrap, cover with foil, bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil, add Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Source- Penzeys

Sous chef Bear always helping Mama out. Laughing

Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody looks hungry in that first pic! Laughing

After seeing pics like this, I am tempted to buy a Big Green Egg. I have been thinking about one and almost pulled the trigger last summer! I bet the BGE would cook some killer pizza too. Maybe I will ask you about them in another thread sometime.

Excellent presentation too, as always! Wink

Thank you.
Bean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thick Crust. Smile

My sous chefs are a big help (I have 3). The one in the pic “Bear” was still a pup there, we have his litter mate brother “Dexter” as well and an older mixed dog “Murphy”. Murphy doesn’t insist on helping as much as the other two.

Don’t get me started on BGE talk, you’ll regret it. I don’t stop. Wink
We have 2 (large & small), soon to be a mini in a couple weeks. We also have the BGE Chimenea and you can cook on that too!

I posted a bunch of pizza recipes yesterday (maybe you didn’t see?) Anyways a couple of the pizzas are on the Eggs. You NEED one! You can PM me in you want any info or start a random thread. I have a tons of cooks with pics. Smile
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Bean! I missed the pics yesterday... Embarassed

I just adopted a special needs Yellow Lab and she is my sweetie! I let her get away with anything she wants and she is always in the kitchen watching me. My other pup just watches and wonders how she gets away with it. Laughing

Maybe I'll shoot you a PM soon, I don't want to jack any good threads. I should join another forum I spose... Rolling Eyes Laughing
Bean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love pics of the pups! Ours aren't spoiled at all. They just OWN us!

I wonder why more people don't post here. It's a great forum, just slow.
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bean wrote:
I'd love pics of the pups! Ours aren't spoiled at all. They just OWN us!

I wonder why more people don't post here. It's a great forum, just slow.

Oooops, I meant join a BGE forum, lol. I like it here, Albert is great but it is slow. I check on those nasty spammer everyday. Relentless they are!

Maybe a pet pics thread? Okay. Very Happy
Bean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send you a PM!

I like getting Albert's emails. Reminds me to pop in here very now and again.

A pet thread would be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Pasta Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: