The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
New York or Chicago style crust?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

New York of Chicago Style Crust?
New York Style
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Chicago Style
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

fat tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: New York or Chicago style crust? Reply with quote

i have a habit of watching the food channel, one day i saw a show on New York and Chicago crust, and thought i would make a poll about which one is better, for me i prefer New York, that is just me. Cast you vote and see who the winner will be!!!
as always thanks for looking!

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: You Just opened A Can of Worms... Reply with quote

Uh oh Tony.

This could be an endless debate.

I saw the same show and enjoyed it very much. I thought there were good points made for both crusts.

Thanks for adding a poll. I will be following these results, very closely.

I will say fans of Chicago pizza and New York pizza are very, loyal.

Very passionate. Very verbal....

Remember: we can agree to disagree!

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
Thick Crust
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Tony, Chicago Style. Cool I wouldn't turn away from a good New York style pizza tho!

I guess thats what my taste buds prefer - to each his own. Smile
fat tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

i agree with both of you, i love any kind of GOOD pizza but yea, thanks VERY much for visiting the pole

tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
songbird

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen the show. What's the difference?
CJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from NY, I have to ask is there any other type of crust? Smile

I worked at one place that had the traditional Neapolitan thin hand stretched crust, but also had a Siccilan thick crust .

The Siccilan was basically two large doughs pressed into a square pan and allowed to raise (rise?) in the heat above the oven. When baked it had a different taste, slightly sour. It was good but I still prefer the thin crust.
Vince120

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be NY style here. I've had (and made) Chicago style and it's good, but more like a casarole with a crust.

Vinny
Solarcoreg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: what is the difference? Reply with quote

What is the difference between the two? I may have eaten both at one time or another in life but I couldn't tell which is which if you placed them in front of me. Links anyone? or descriptions would be ok too Smile
fat tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: the difference Reply with quote

the difference between the two, New York Style, would be the thinner crispier crust, on the other hand, Chicago Style would be thick, deep dish crust.

fat tony
Solarcoreg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: thank you! Reply with quote

Alright! Finally I have an answer. Wonderful. I really was very curious to know the difference between the Chicago Crust and the NY. Now I can safely say that my favorite is the NY although because my wife loves the East of Chicago pizza chain, we usually get the thicker crust. The last time I asked for thin crust, she liked it but thought that it wasn't worth the money. I say, sure you get more dough for the buck witht the chicago but flavor and texture-wise, the NY comes out on top. It just depends on mood in the end.
Again, thanks for the info Laughing
vincevega

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta vote for NY crust. Patsy Grimaldi's here in Scottsdale imports the water from NY for their dough. It must be the water that gives it a unique taste.
fat tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: thanks for voting Reply with quote

thank you for voting, and for the input and opinions, keep them coming, thanks again

tony
Big G

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: NY vs Chicago Reply with quote

Well I didn't know the difference until reading this forum, thanks guys. I have to come out on the side of the NY as I prefer a crisper base cooked fast in a very hot oven. Having said that a good pie is a good pie!

Big G
shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding? New York!

I want pizza, not a loaf of bread with some stuff on top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Your favorite dough secrets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: