The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Cashews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizzaprices

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Cashews Reply with quote

Last night Wednesday about eleven PM I stopped in at my favorite pizza builder's place. It was a slow night for pizza deliveries so it seemed like a good time to try something a little different. I grabbed a small package of cashews off the rack on my way back to the oven, a nice little chain conveyor. The two young fellas came in from their smoke break and I asked them if they could custom build a pizza for me. "Sure', and that's when I sprung the package of cashews on them, three or four ounces, I had left my cheaters in the car and couldn't read the fine print. One of the youngsters started appyling the ground tomato sauce to the pre-baked yeast shell but soon decided he had to have a photo so he turned over the pizza building to his buddy and went up front to get a camera. By the time he got back the cashews were nestled into the grated cheese. A little more grated cheese followed by the shaved pepperoni and crumbled Italian sausage and a shake or two of spices finished the job. And so we waited for that slow conveyor belt oven to deliver the goods. The fellows were anxious and wanted to hurry it out early but I opted for a slow delivery. Then the youngster who took the photos wanted to send it thru again but we didn't, good thing because some of the nuts were too high and had started to char. Was it good? Oh, yeah! After a few hours sleep last night I began re-working my pizza menu printing instructions and had another slice for breakfast. Burrrp. Here's what I would do differently. I'd put the cashews directly into a good thick coating of sauce followed by the cooked, drained and crumbled italian sausage followed by a thick thatched roof of cheese covered with pepperoni, and one trip through the oven. Yeah, I thought about eliminating either the pepperoni or sausage to better savor the subtle taste of the cashews but then decided that would be better left to a vegan pizza eater. Yup, I'll have them go a little heavier on the sauce next time, I like it when it squishes out. Black walnuts, enlish papershell walnuts, pecans, filberts, almonds, peanuts, pine nuts, brazil nuts, ... so much more research to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Unusual pizza toppings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: