The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Fennel Seeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adjudicator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Fennel Seeds Reply with quote

If this a duplicate topic; please accept my kudos.

Anyway... I have found this wonderful seed to be a PRIMARY ingredient in my pizza toppings. The seeds, along with a robust sauce and prime cheeses seem to make my pizza better. How do others feel about this?

--JDK--
RnR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it!

I'm pretty sure the primary pizza pie of my youth (ca. 1960's) employed fennel (although sparingly). It was sprinkled on last as far as I can remember, but wasn't used as a sauce ingredient for example.

Unless there is another seed that looks very much like fennel, I think it was and is a largely missing ingredient in many commercial pizza compositions.

Enjoy.
firerose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always put fennel seeds into my spaghetti; but it never occurred to me to try in in pizza sauce. I bet it adds a lot to the taste. I'm definitely going to try it next time I make pizza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: