The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
Pizza resolutions for 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Pizza resolutions for 2008 Reply with quote

Do any of you have "pizza resolutions" for the New Year? Something you're going to try, something you've wanted to do? Something new, something different?

My plan is to get better (and let me tell you, that won't take much....) at hand tossing the dough. I have worked on that, but not very diligently. I have found that the hand tossed dough has, to me at least, a much better consistency and texture. I substitute some dry red wine for water in the recipe (about 25%) and find this makes a difference as well.

So, that's resolution number 1.

If I get this one, I'll work on something for resolution number 2... like, maybe, pizza on the grill every weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: My New Year Pizza Resolution... Reply with quote

OK, I admit it...
when it comes to tossing dough, I'm still in Pre-School. (Or as my daughter says: Pre-K)

I want to be a confident pizza tosser. I have worked dough so much that I feel very confident with it. I want to get really good at tossing pizza.

I've even had a one on one consultation with supreme tosser, Tony Gemignani. He gave me some great itps, but I think you need to feel it in yourself. I don't quite have it yet. I need to be one with the toss.

I can get the pizza up in the air. I can spin it a few times, but I don't have the rhythm of the toss yet...

But this year... the year of 2008 will be the Year of The Pizza Toss!

I also want to take my pizza to new levels by trying different toppings and different recipes.

Great topic, Papa Don.
I am very interested in what other Forum Members have to say...

albert
http://legendsofpizza.com/blog
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, you have to get the feel of it.

I think you have to get your dough right to allow the spin (and gravity) to stretch it properly without it coming apart. I've been pretty encouraged by my progress, spurred on by how much better I think it is tossed rather than being rolled out. Maybe it's just psychological.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shipwreck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm a bit of newjack when it comes to making my own, I suppose my resolutions would be to perfect my dough recipe, and just make lots and lots of pies to find my 'style'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: