The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum
Pizza and Pasta Tales, Tips and Talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to pizzatherapy.com
Explore pastatherapy.com
Discover the Legends of Pizza
PIZZA DOUGH USING '00' Flour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conteslv2008

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: PIZZA DOUGH USING '00' Flour Reply with quote

I need a good recipe using '00' flour. Are there advantages to using this dough. I cook at home and have been using king arthur with wolfgang puck recipe. I saw the 00 on a pizza oven site and did not like there recipe however it only called for 1/4 teaspoon of yeast.
Thanks
dfandreatta
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to an article you might find informative:

http://joepastry.web.aplus.net/index.php?title=what_is_italian_00_flour&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pizza
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Great Article... Reply with quote

Hey Don, that was a great article and really explained a lot to me about the differences in flour.

First the yeast issue brought up by conteslv2008.

Peter Reihart explained to me, you only need a minimal amount of yeast.
This is especailly true if you make your dough the day before and let it proof in the fridge.

I am cutting back on the amount of yeast I use. So I have taken Peter's advice.

As far as flour:I have used all types of flour to make my pizzas I have used all purpose, bread, OO, King Arthur, and their pizza flour which is called Sir Lancelot, I think.

My take on flour is that different types will give you different tastes. You need to use the flour that tastes the best to you.

My latest flour is the one Brian Spangler of Apizza Scholls recommended during our interview. For all of his pizzas, Brian uses: Harvest King an artisan bread flour made by Gold medal.

I have found it in my local supermarket. Try it and let me know what you think.

pizza everwhere....

albert
conteslv2008

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Pizza dough Reply with quote

dfandreatta wrote:
Here is a link to an article you might find informative:

http://joepastry.web.aplus.net/index.php?title=what_is_italian_00_flour&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Thanks to all.
conteslv2008

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Article... Reply with quote

I think I will try and find your alternatives. PS live near Sally's like min better.

pizza wrote:
Hey Don, that was a great article and really explained a lot to me about the differences in flour.

First the yeast issue brought up by conteslv2008.

Peter Reihart explained to me, you only need a minimal amount of yeast.
This is especailly true if you make your dough the day before and let it proof in the fridge.

I am cutting back on the amount of yeast I use. So I have taken Peter's advice.

As far as flour:I have used all types of flour to make my pizzas I have used all purpose, bread, OO, King Arthur, and their pizza flour which is called Sir Lancelot, I think.

My take on flour is that different types will give you different tastes. You need to use the flour that tastes the best to you.

My latest flour is the one Brian Spangler of Apizza Scholls recommended during our interview. For all of his pizzas, Brian uses: Harvest King an artisan bread flour made by Gold medal.

I have found it in my local supermarket. Try it and let me know what you think.

pizza everwhere....

albert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: